The Yamaha RX-V3800 ($1699) is one of three new receivers as part of Yamaha's new product line; the others are the Yamaha RX-V1800 ($1299) and the 11.2 channel Yamaha RX-Z11 ($5499). The RX-V800 is a 7.1 channel receiver with 140 Watts / channel, and includes 4 HDMI 1.3a inputs with extensive 1080p support. It's video chipset is the Anchor Bay Technologies ABT1010, capable of upscaling analog SD sources to 1080p over its HDMI output.
- 7.1 receiver, 140 watts per channel
- 4 HDMI 1.3a inputs, with HDMI upconversion
- Onboard decoding for Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Graphical user interface
- Ethernet jack with the ability to play MP3, WMA, and WAV files from up to four PCs, plus Internet radio
- Multiroom functionality for three zones