The Yamaha HTR-6090 is a high end HTR 6090 7.1x120W Digital Home Theater receiver released in 2005 and retails at $1,100. It's features are identical to that of the $100 cheaper Yamaha HTR-6080, but it also has 1080p compatible HDMI, high-definition video up-conversion, and de-interlacing. It also has Digital top-art, which more of a philosophy whose goal is to maximize digital quality while minimizing analog circuity. The other features it shares with the 6080 include Dolby Digital Pro Logic II decoding, DTS surround sound, XM ready, XMHD surround sound, Neural sound, 6 channel inputs, Cinema DSP digital, Silent Cinema, compressed music enhancer, scene and YPAO automatic system calibration.
- Full-featured 840-watt (120 watts x 7) 7.1-channel digital home theater receiver with ToP-ART amplifier
- HDMI and component video up-conversion for S-video and composite signals; XM satellite radio ready
- Assignable multi-zone control for multi-room speaker systems; jacks include 2 HDMI inputs and 6 digital audio inputs
- XM satellite radio and iPod ready (with optional connectors)
- Includes learning remote; measures 17.1 x 6.75 x 16.7 inches (W x H x D); 2-year warranty