The Yamaha HTR-5063 is a mid-range A/V receiver similar to the Yamaha HTR-4063. The main improvement that the HTR-5063 can boast over the HTR-4063 is its 7.1 channel audio (as opposed to the HTR-4063's 5.1 channels). Otherwise, the HTR-5063 sports all of the same features as the HTR-4063, including Audio Return Channel and 3D media capability over HDMI 1.4a, YPAO Automatic System Calibration and Dolby TrueHD audio reproduction.
The HTR-5063's HDMI 1.4a ports support both 3D media (from one 3D capable device to another) as well as Audio Return Channel which allows for two-way audio transfer as well as one way video, eliminating the need for an S/PDIF cable for your HDTV. Its YPAO Automatic System Calibration allows the HTR-5063 to detect in-room acoustics by way of a tiny microphone and automatically adjust sound levels to achieve perfect audio, no matter the speaker setup. Additionally, the HTR-5063's Dolby TrueHD audio reproduction allows for superior, lossless playback quality of Blu-Ray disc audio.
- 7.1 channel surround sound compatibility
- 3D media, Audio Return Channel compatible via HDMI 1.4a
- 4 HDMI inputs/1 output; 2 component video inputs/1 output
- Dolby TrueHD lossless audio reproduction
- Optional iPod dock; optional Bluetooth compatibility
- YPAO Automatic System Calibration
- Front panel mini jack input for connecting portable audio player