The Yamaha A-S700 is a hi-fi natural sound stereo amplifer that falls in the middle of those offered by Yamaha. This amplifer is designed for superb musical expression with high performance, outstanding power and sound quality. Some features to ensure a high quality sound include ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology), CD direct amplification and high dynamic power, low-impedance drive capability. It has a direct symmetrical design of its inputs and outputs using top-qulity parts, an ART (Anti-Resolution and Tough) Base and solid center bar. Some advanced features include continuously variable loudness control, a rotary-encoder input selector with LED and a remote controllable motor-driven volume control. It also has a Rec Out selector and speaker A, B or A + B selection. The Yamaha A-S700 is avaialable in black with an aluminum face and aluminum knobs and comes with a remote control.
- Minimum RMS Output Power, (8 ohms, 20 Hz—20 kHz, 0.019% THD): 90 W + 90 W
- Minimum RMS Output Power, (6 ohms, 20 Hz—20 kHz, 0.03% THD): 105 W + 105 W
- Dynamic Power/Channel: (8/6/4/2 ohms) 135 W /160 W /200 W /240 W
- Damping Factor: (8 ohms, 1 kHz) 240 or more
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance, CD, etc.: 200 mV/47 k-ohms
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance, Phono MM: 3.0 mV/47 k-ohms
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance, Phono MC: 100 µV/50 ohms
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance, Main In: 1 V/47 k-ohms
- Frequency Response, CD,etc.: 20 Hz–20 kHz +0 dB/0.5 dB
- Frequency Response, CD Direct Amp On: 10 Hz–100 kHz,+0 dB/1.0 dB
- RIAA Equalization Deviation: Phono ±0.5 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (20 Hz–20 kHz), CD, etc. to Speaker Out: 0.012% or less (50 W/8 ohms)
- Total Harmonic Distortion (20 Hz–20 kHz), Phono to Rec Out: 0.008% or less (3 V)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio [IHF-A Network], CD Direct Amp: (200 mV, Input Shorted) 110 dB or more
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio [IHF-A Network], Phono: (5 mV, Input Shorted) 87 dB or more
- Channel Separation (1 kHz/10 kHz): CD, etc., 5.1 k-ohms input shorted 65/50 dB or more
- Bass Boost/Cut (20 Hz): ±10 dB
- Bass Turnover Frequency: 350 Hz
- Treble Boost/Cut (20 Hz): ±10 dB
- Treble Turnover Frequency: 3.5 kHz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17 1/8" x 5 15/16" x 15 1/16"
- Weight 10.9 kg, 24 lbs.