The desktop PC has been redesigned into a little cube. The XI3 modular computer chassis is a 2-pound, small cube that has a processor, operating system, an SSD with enough storage to store the basics, and lots of external connectivity ports for adding peripherals of your choosing. Taking a modular approach, Xi3 lets you customize and upgrade your PC to your needs.
The cube-like Xi3 Modular Computer is clearly different than any other computer on the planet. The differences extend deeper than just its incredibly small size or unique shape. When it came to designing the Xi3 Modular Computer, an effort that gave birth to the Xi3 Computer Architecture. This entirely new computer standard takes the classic motherboard and breaks it into three significantly smaller, yet interconnected boards: the CPU board and two I/O boards. When joined together in a block-U shape, these three boards provide robust computing functionality with a twist. Specifically, they can be easily replaced, updated and/or upgraded.
This “building block" approach not only provides the basis for the term modular computer, but it also makes it possible to extend the useful life of the Xi3 Modular Computer to six, eight, or even 10 years instead of today’s standard of 3-5 years.
- Total Number of USB Ports7
- Memory TechnologyDDR2 SDRAM
- Green CompliantYes
- Green Compliance Energy Star
- Ethernet TechnologyGigabit Ethernet
- Drive Capacity16 GB
- Processor Speed1.80 GHz
- Processor CoreDual-core (2 Core)
- 64-bit Processing Yes
- Processor Manufacturer AMD
- Operating SystemSuse Linux 11.1
- The 5 Series Modular Computer is the best fit for most applications.
- A new x86-based design comprised of 3 interconnected miniature boards that gives customers the ability to add new functionality by replacing a mini-board to extend the life of an Xi3 Modular Computer
- An ecofriendly 20 Watts to operate versus 100—400 Watts for most desktop computers means the energy savings alone could pay for each Xi3 Modular Computer.
- Integrated Power Management Controller
- Dual 2560 x 1600 display output for optional external monitors
- Operating Temp: 32F to 140F / Non Operating Temp: . -4F . . 158F / Elevation: up to 10,000 Ft
- Phoenix Legacy BIOS
- eSATA 3.0, 2.5 and 1.5 support
- USB 2.0 support
- PMC Optical Interface
- Internal Storage: 16GB mSATA SSD optional upgrade up to 128GB SSD Quick Boot (Linux or Windows)
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chips optional - Data stored on your hard-drive can be encrypted, unauthorized people won't be able to access the content of drive
- External Connectors: 2 - eSATA 2.5 Ports / 6 - USB 2.0 Ports (root hubs) / 3 - Reconfigurable Audio channels Microphone, Headphone and/or Line-in/Line-out)
- Internal Connectors: 1 - USB 2.0 Connector / 1 - Fan Connector
- DirectX Support: DX11 / Open GL: v2.0
- Video Decode: UVD 2.0 - VC-1, MPEG2, MPEG4
- HDCP: v1.3b (up to 1080p)
- External Size: 4.0- x 3.656- x 3.656-inches
Add New Resource