The Whirlpool GU2300XT model is a high end, built-in (under counter) dishwasher unit. The GU2300XT premier model exterior is outlined in a monochromatic stainless steel and provides a sleek, and modern look to any kitchen; the unit is also available as completely different models in white, biscuit (a creamy white) or black (See model series section below). Special features common for all the units included in this particular model series include fully integrated electronic controls, an adaptive wash cycle that uses dual sensors to determine the current load size and automatically adjusts settings to save time, energy and water; and each of the devices also include an NSF certified Sani-rinse option which sanitizes the dishes at a hot temperature to completely eliminate any excess germs.
The Whirlpool 2300 series dishwasher units are equipped with a Quiet Partner III system that provides sound-reducing insulation and five different user-selectable levels of quiet operation. Another integrated system includes the SheerClean direct feed wash system which allows the device to collect dirty water through the back draining ports and inject fresh cleaning water from five different angles; this ensures the clean water remains clean during the entire process and the device is not just re-using the same dirty water. Each device is Energy Star qualified and as Whirlpool claims will consume 25% less total energy than a conventional dishwashing unit.
The Whirlpool GU2300XT model dishwashing units include additional features such as a soak and scour option, an Anywhere plus silverware basket that can fit in three different places, a special glass express cleaning cycle, a slate interior tub, a fully adjustable upper rack, an auto soil sensor that automatically adjusts cleaning options regarding the dirty state of the dishes, a control lock, 6 washing cycles, and fold down tines.
- High-end tall tub, built-in dishwasher unit
- Full-length flat exterior door
- Energy star qualified
- Available in several different color options; different models (see below)
- Full electronic controls with 6 washing cycles and 6 different options
- Super Capacity tall tub
- Plastic interior tub with slate liner
- SheerClean direct feed wash system
- Adaptive wash cycle technology
- Quiet Partner III system technology
- Anywhere plus silverware basket
- Fully adjustable upper rack with fold down tines
- Auto soil sensor
- Integrated control lock
Whirlpool sells the same dishwasher in separate color options for a wider user selection range; the alternate color models are listed completely separate but include the same features.
GU2300XTVx where x indicates the model's colour. Model numbers include: GU2300XTVB, GU2300XTVQ, GU2300XTVT, GU2300XTVS. Specific models are detailed below:
- Black on black
- MSRP: $549
- White on white
- MSRP: $549
- MSRP: $549
- Monochromatic Stainless Steel
- MSRP: $649
Dishwasher Cycles: Normal, Glass Xpress, Light/ China, Pots and Pans, and Rinse only
- Dishwasher Options: Heated Dry, High Temp, Sani-rinse, Delay Wash (2/4/6 hours), Control Lockout, Soak and Scour
- Dimensions: 34 1/2 in (H) x 23 7/8 in (W) x 24 1/2 in (D)
Electrical Requirements: 15 or 20 Amps; 60 Hz. 15. 120 V. AC Power
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor for full appliance