The Western Digital My Book Studio LX is an external hard drive designed specifically for use with Apple computers, as evidenced by its brushed-aluminum finish. Two versions of the My Book Studio LX exist, a 1TB ($199) version and a 2TB ($279) version, both of which share the same features: FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 ports, a customizable Smart Display and full compatibility with Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, or Snow Leopard.
The My Book Studio LX's USB 2.0 port allows for 480 Mb/s max transfer speeds while its Firewire 800 port allows for a much faster 800 Mb/s max transfer speed. Its customizable Smart Display allows you to create your own label for the My Book Studio LX which is displayed at all times, even when unplugged, along with available capacity and security status. Additionally, while the My Book Studio LX natively supports Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, or Snow Leopard for plug-and-play use, it can be used with Windows (Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7) systems by formatting.
- FireWire 800 and USB 2.0 ports
- Customizable Smart Display
- Full plug-and-play compatibility with Mac OS X Tiger, Leopard, or Snow Leopard
- Usable with Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (requires formatting)
- 256-bit hardware-based encryption and password protection
- Brushed-aluminum finish reminiscent of modern MacBook designs
- Included WD SmartWare control center provides backup, drive security and diagnostic settings
Add New Resource