The Weber Summit S-470 is a gas grill constructed from a stainless steel cart with a stainless steel bottom shelf and a stainless steel shroud. A slight upgrade from the Summit S-450, the Summit S-470 features 4 stainless steel burners that burn at 48,800 BTU per hour, a smoker burner and stainless steel smoker box that burns at 8,000 BTU per hour, an infrared read-mounted rotisserie burner that burns at 10,600 BTU per hour, AND a dedicated sear burner (not on previous model) that burns at 10,600 BTU per hour. The Summit S-470, however, does contain its predecessor’s 580 square inch cooking area including a 468 sq. in. primary cooking area and a 112 sq. in. warming-rack. In addition, the Summit S-470 includes a Snap-Jet Individual burner ignition system that lights the entire grill extremely fast, not to mention a Flavorizer bar that eliminates grease-fueled glare-ups by vaporizing fat and juices as soon as they hit the bars. The Summit S-470 also comes equipped with a Weber Grill-Out handle light, six tool holders, a precision fuel gauge, 2 stainless steel work surfaces, 2 heavy-duty front locking casters, 2 heavy-duty back swivel casters, a 10-foot flexible hose, a Weber cookbook, and a Spit fork rotisserie attachment with heavy-duty motor. The Weber Summit S-470 retails for $1799.99 (versus $1599.99) and comes with a limited lifetime warranty that provides coverage for the castings and the shroud for up to 25 years.
- Available as either a Natural Gas or Propane grill
- 4 Stainless steel burners
- 48,800 BTU-per-hour input
- 12,000 BTU-per-hour input flush-mounted side burner
- 8,000 BTU-per-hour smoker burner and stainless steel smoker box
- 10,600 BTU-per-hour infrared rear-mounted rotisserie burner
- 10,600 BTU-per-hour dedicated sear burner
- Spit fork rotisserie attachment with heavy-duty motor
- Snap-Jet Individual burner ignition system
- 3/8 inch or 9.5mm diameter stainless steel rod cooking grates
- Stainless steel Flavorizer bars
- Primary cooking area = 468 sq. in.
- Warming rack area = 112 sq. in.
- Total cooking area = 580 sq. in.
- Tank not included with LP models
- Natural gas grill includes a 10-foot flexible hose
- Dimensions w/Lid Open (H x W x D): 57.1 x 66 x 30”
- 1 Grill Out handle light
- 6 Tool holders
- Precision fuel gauge
- 2 stainless steel work surfaces
- 2 heavy-duty front locking casters
- 2 heavy-duty back swivel casters
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Weber Cookbook