Face it, sometimes the best thing about going out to a movie is the popcorn, those big plump kernels that always seem so much better than what you pop at home. But this simple stovetop popper changes all that. It really does make awesome, fresh-popped corn that might make you start renting videos instead. The sturdy aluminum pan has a clip-on lid with a stay-cool wooden handle. A turn crank on the handle spins the key element: the stainless steel stirring system that keeps the corn moving across the bottom of the pan, for even heat and oil distribution, ensuring the best popping results. The lid has steam vents, to help keep the popcorn dry and crisp. The enclosed booklet is a wonderful resource, with not only clear and detailed instructions, but also dozens of recipes and popcorn history and lore. These are folks who really do know their popcorn, and the results are outstanding.
- Made in USA
- Makes 6 quarts of theater style popcorn in just three minutes
- All Inclusive Real Theater Popping Kit
- Patented stirring mechanism prevents sticking and burning by stirring every kernel until it pops
- Easy Clean Up: Just wipe with a paper towel and store for later use
- 25 Year warranty on all moving parts
Seasoning Instructions: First Time Use
Wash and season pan:
Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Tilt the pan to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. Heat for 20 seconds or until oil is hot. Do not leave pan unattended.
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Wipe out with a napkin and start popping!
- Do not add any ingredients while the popper is on any heat source
Use the proper amounts of oil and popcorn.
For Popcorn use 1/2 Cup
For Oil use 1-3 Tablespoon
- Some gourmet hybrid popcorn such as white, crimson or petite pop-up smaller and should be adjusted accordingly
- As you become more comfortable with your popper, you can reduce the amount of oil used to as low as a single teaspoon. That's about 41 calories - 4 1/2 fat grams!
- Do not preheat popper and oil
- Place popper with added ingredients on gas stove and turn on the burner. Medium heat is best.
- If using electric range, heat range only to medium-high; place popper with added ingredients on heated unit
- Stir slowly, adjust temperature as needed so popping is complete in about 3 minutes
- Continue stirring through entire process until there is only an occasional pop...pop, or until the handle becomes hard to turn. Do not force the handle.
- Remove from heat immediately
- Transfer into a serving bowl
- Add butter and salt or your favorite seasoning
Never place empty popper on heated stovetop.
Never leave popper unattended while popping.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you pop corns without any oils with this?
The instructions that come with the popper say you can reduce the oil to one teaspoon per batch (per 1/2 cup of unpopped corn). I have never done it without oil so I can't attest to this. I use organic coconut oil which has a very high smoke point, adds wonderful flavor to the popcorn and is a healthy fat. It is used by the body for energy very much like a carbohydrate is without raising blood sugar like carbs do. You may want to consider that option.
Whirley Pop Stovetop popcorn popper: Is it ok to use it on a glass cooktop?
Yes, it works great on my glass cooktop, just preheat the cooktop before starting.
Add New FAQ
- Capacity 6 quarts of popcorn each time
- Origin USA
Add New Resource