Völkl's Racetiger GS Speedwall skis are a higher-end pair in the company's racing lineup, and these are intended for use on groomed snow for all-mountain racing conditions. They have a vertically-laminated wood core and traditional wooden sidewalls. One of the main features of this model is that the sidewalls of the ski are coated with the same material as the bottom, meaning that they act as a sort of continuation of the sliding surface. They can be waxed. The bindings use Völkl's "R-motion" feature, which increases the contact width between the foot and the ski, allowing for more control and acceleration coming out of turns. Another higher-end feature is the inclusion of a thin layer of titanium for support and integrity above and below the wood frame. These skis are for experienced and expert skiers.
- Intended for racing
- Laminated wood core
- Titanium core layer supports
- Wide contact bindings (rMotion 12.0D or 16.0D)
- "Speedwall" sidewalls act like the bottom of the ski
- Sizes 165 - 185, with radius 16.3 through 19.8, respectively
- Durable vertical sidewalls