The Vizio VBR100 is the first Blu-ray player to be offered by Vizio, who are typically known for their TVs. Retailing for $188 exclusively from Wal-Mart, the VBR100 will make it easier for everyone to afford high quality video and stunning audio provided by Blu-ray. The 108MHz/11-bit digital-to-analog converter (DAC) delivers true 1080p video from native Blu-ray discs and offers a selectable 720p/1080i/1080p video upconversion for standard DVD discs, which is sent to HDMI output only. For audio, the 24-bit/192kHz digital to analog converter supports all the latest surround sound formats, with built-in-decoding for uncompressed audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, and multi-channel PCM. Other supported surround codecs include Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS.
The super-slim design should fit most entertainment cabinets, with overall dimensions of 17" x 11" x 2". The VBR100 will handle nearly every format of disc thrown at it, including Blu-ray (obviously), BD-Live content (aka Profile 2.0, with internet connection), standard definition DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD, audio CD-R and CD-RW, plus MP3 CDs. There are three options to output video which are HDMI (1.3), component and composite. Audio outputs include 7.1 channel analog audio, coax and optical digital audio, and analog stereo (RCA). Remote control is included.
- 720p/1080i/1080p video ouput
- 108MHz/11-bit digital-to-analog video converter
- 24-bit/192kHz digital to analog audio converter
- Supported audio formats: Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, multi-channel PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS
- Supported disc formats: Blu-ray, BD-Live content, standard definition DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD, audio CD-R and CD-RW, and MP3 CDs
- Video outputs: HDMI (1.3), component and composite
- Audio outputs: 7.1 channel analog audio, coax and optical digital audio, and analog stereo (RCA)
- Remote control included
- Dimensions: 17" x 11" x 2"