The Vizio VW series is the entry level line of televisions by Vizio meant to get the Walmart crowd into the HD scene at an affordable price. With a 720p resolution and HDMI inputs the VWs meet the standards expected out of a modern high-def television, with display specifications comparable to other manufacturers. Located above the VW series is the Evolution line of sets that offer more HDMI inputs, better specs, and more features such as picture-in-picture.
- 720p native resolution
- 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 500 cd/m2 brightness
- 8-bit panel
- 8ms response time
- Inputs: HDMI x 2, Component x 2, Composite x 2, S-Video x 1, VGA x 1
This line of TVs are the cheapest that Vizio sells and are offered mainly in discount retailers such as Walmart. In fact Walmart is the only retailer that sells the larger 46/47" models.
Note that the maximum resolution that the television can support is 1080i. A 1080p signal is not accepted on any but the 46/47" models.
The naming convention of the VW series: Vizio VWxxL where xx is replaced by the display size.
- Vizio VW19L - May 2008 | $399.99
- Vizio VW22L - July 2008 | $449.99
- Vizio VW32L - Jan 2008 | $669.99
- Vizio VW37L - Jan 2008 | $849.99
- Vizio VW42L - Jan 2008 | $1099.99
- Vizio VW46LF - exclusively through Walmart, discontinued mid-2008
- Vizio VW47LF - exclusively through Walmart. Improved specs over regular VW series
During CES a 42" model was announced but does not currently have a release date, and may be scrapped for 2008.
Add New Resource