The VIZIO P50 HDTV is a 50" value-priced plasma HDTV (MSRP $1499) capable of up to 720p and 1080i resolutions. The price of this plasma is its greatest feature with most 50" plasmas coming in well over $2000. It has a 15,000:1 (max) contrast ratio, 178° viewing angles (both horizontal and vertical), and features 10 bit color levels with a feature that Vizio calls VIZIO Color Vision (VCV). The VP50 can display 6,144 shades of gray and 231 billion colors.
- 50" plasma HDTV, 16:9, 1080i/720p
- Faroudja DCDi video processing
- Video inputs: 2 x HDMI (no audio), 2 x Component Video, 2 x Composite, 2 x S-Video, 1 x RGB for connecting to computer
- 1366 x 768 native resolution
- Viewable Angle: >178° (horizontal and vertical)
- Brightness: 1,500 cd/m2 (typical)
- Contrast Ratio: 15,000:1 (max)
- NTSC/ATSC/QAM HDTV tuner
- Weight: 120 lbs
Originally released in May 2007 with a suggested retail price of $1499. Subsequently many newer plasma and LCD TVs have come out supporting the newer Full HD 1080p standard with HDMI 1.3a. Because of this, likely you'll be able to find this flat panel TV for a good price. See the Vizio VP42 for the 42" model in this product line retailing for $999.