The Uniden BCD996XT may look the same as its similarly named predecessor, the BCD996T, but inside it's a whole lot different. The new scanner significantly raises the bar with improved APCO-25 digital decoding as well as a host of new features and more memory. For those who like GPS scanning, a feature no other manufacturer offers, you can now enable and disable not only systems but groups as well. It offers a band-scope feature, a fire tone out search feature to help you determine the tone out frequencies being used, improved close call, APCO-25 NAC code decoding, and more.
- 25,000 Dynamically Allocated Channels with Close Call Technology
- Quick-Key System Access (100 Keys)
- Location-Based Scanning
- S.A.M.E. Weather Alert
- TrunkTracker IV Technology
- Fire Tone-Out
- Alpha Tagging
- Continuous Band Coverage
- Audio AGC
- Search with Scan
- NAC Decoding
- Public Safety Scanner
- Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
- Individual Channel Volume Offset
- Priority ID Scan on trunked systems
- TrunkTracker IV Technology - TrunkTracker IV with Control-Channel Only scanning and I-Call monitoring tracks voice traffic on P25, Motorola, EDACS, and LTR Trunked systems.
- "Close Call" Technology - The BCD996XT features close call RF capture technology, which allows it to instantly tune to signals from nearby transmitters, so you can stay on top of what's going on in your vicinity.
- Location-Based Scanning - Location-Based scanning automatically selects programmed systems based on your location when connected to a compatible GPS receiver. The BCD996XT also features GPS support for location alerts and crows-flight navigation, with independent GPS control of sites and channel groups.
- Multi-Colored Display Backlight - Get a clear view of unit functions with the multi-colored display.
- Band Scope - Get a graphic representation of signal activity, great for finding active channels.
- Adaptive Digital Threshold - Automatically sets the digital decode threshold for APCO 25 system
- Temporary Lockout - Automatically unlocks channels when you cycle power.
- DCS/CTCSS Rapid Decode - The BCD996XT instantly detects and displays the subaudible tone so you can quickly determine system settings.
- S.A.M.E. Weather Alert - S.A.M.E., aka Specific Area Message Encoding, weather alerts are supported. During a NOAA Weather or Emergency Alert, a code for your specific location will alert you to severe conditions in your immediate area.
- PC Programming/Control - Use Uniden's software for conveniently setting up your scanner without having to do everything individually via the hardware interface.
- System/Channel Number Tagging - Provides rapid access to a specific system or channel.
BCD996XT Scanner, AC Adapter, Vehicle Accessory Power Cord, Three-Wire Harness, Mounting Bracket/Hardware, Antenna, Serial Programming Cable, Operater's Manual on CD-ROM, Documentation, Mounting Sleeve/Keys
Frequently Asked Questions
Some Law Enforcement in my area has started scrambling their digtal radio traffic, will this scanner unscramble these signals?
No it will not. Additionally there is a new Uniden scanner coming in late January that has features that will allow the coverage of several additional systems. Search for "BCD536HP".
Can it receive analog signals also or just digital.
Will this work with APCO P25 Phase II TDMA & X2-TDMA?
NO but hopefully the new one coming out in January should. The only that does apco 25 phase two is GRE, and they are in process of being brought back from the dead by Whistler.
Add New FAQ