Back in 1942 the "Officine Fontana" was poised to produce a professional watch for the distinguished officers of its navy’s U-Boats. Though the project was ultimately scrapped, the distinctive original drawings, color samples and innovative materials were lovingly preserved for more than 60 years. In 2000, Italo Fontana, a cousin of the watchmaker’s late founder, made a long held company dream come true with the launch of today’s inspired U-Boat brand.
U-Boat watches, just like their original namesake, are bold, aggressive and oversized. These timepieces embodied force and style and revealed the unique personality of the man behind the revival, Italo Fontana: “It took me seven years to develop and refine the U-BOAT watches. Inspired by 18th century craftsmanship and intricate made-by- hand detailing we can now produce a timepiece of rare artisanal quality that reaches to a new dimension of watch making.
Character and strength is a hallmark of the U-Boat brand. All watches in the line are designed with the crown on the left side of the case. It is both a unique and unexpectedly comfortable timepiece to wear. This distinctive signature is the brand statement: Classic yet powerful.
All items in the collection are made with either automatic or manual Swiss ETA mechanical movements. Each are housed in full-bodied, oversized, steel cases. PVD treated crystals, and precious metals beautifully merge with rubber and steel details, challenging traditional design standards in the world of timepieces.
From the Thousand of Feet Collection with its particular dodecagonal shaped case, to the latest Nightvision Collection that allows you to replace the colored glass, each watch express a singular personality.
In 2005, Italo Fontana joined forces with Mounir Moufarrige, an acclaimed tastemaker known for breathing new life into Montblanc and Chloé. Together they are bringing U-Boat into the limelight of today’s watch industry. Found only at the most discriminating of international retailers, U-Boat watches are earning worldwide appreciation from connoisseurs of rare and beloved timepieces.
Showing sophisticated elegance, the Chimera 925 has a sterling silver, double finished 46mm case with additional rhodium plating and is nickel free. The two superimposed dials are colored with two-toned U-BOAT cream and satin black accents with hand brushed baton hands. The sapphire crystal has curved glass on the face and back. The movement employs an automatic-mechanical power reserve of 44 hours with 25 jewels made to U-BOAT specifications. This timepiece was meticulously crafted and the strap is hand made by artisans to achieve a natural distressed look. This elegant watch from the Chimera collection has a natural feel with an overall polished look.
- Displays hours, minutes, small seconds, chronograph 60s, counter 30 min and 12 h. Date window at 9 o'clock
- Sterling silver double finishing case (shiny and matt). Electroplating treatment with silver, 5 microns executed on the complete case with an additional rhodium plating nickel free of 1 micron
- Personalized rotor, in silver, 3 bridges construction, rhodium plated and fixed with blued screws
- Powered by 25 jewels with 28,800 vibrations per hour, 4hz and 44hrs power reserve
- Water resistant to 165 feet (50 M): suitable for swimming and showering
- Bezel Function 24 hour time display
- Bezel Material Sterling Silver
- Dial Color Beige
- Band Color Brown
- Band Length Men's Standard
- Band Material leather calfskin
- Case Thickness 17.9 millimeters
- Case Diameter 48 millimeters
- Case Material Sterling Silver
- Clasp Buckle
- Display Type Analog
Add New Resource