The Trek Waubesa is an 8-speed, low maintainance road bicycle from the Gary Fischer Collection's Fast City line. The Waubesa is a mid-range offering from the line, which also includes the Mendota, Monona, and Wingra. The four bikes are designed for urban cyclists looking for a bicycle that avoids the hunched-forward position of road bikes.
The Waubesa features an 8-speed drive train compoared to the 24-speed drivetrain of the Monona, Wingra and Mendota. It is designed for urban cyclists biking for transportation on city streets or bike paths, while minimizing the complexity and maintaince of the Mendota, Monona and Wingra models, which are designed for both transportation and fitness. The aluminum frame renders it lightweight and fast and it also includes quick shifters and 700c wheels with puncture-resistant street tires. The Waubesa features the same basic frame as the other models in the fast city line, and it includes components that are higher quality than the lower-end Monona and Wingra models, although it lacks the race-quality components found in the Mendota model.
- Available in Sizes: 15.5, 17.5, 19, 21, 22.5"
- 8-speed drivetrain minimizes maintainance
- Chromoly unicrown fork with lowrider mounts
- Alloy front hub, Nexus 8-speed rear hub; Bontrager 36-hole alloy rims
- Bontrager H2 Plus, 700x32c tires
- Shimano Alfine, 8-speed trigger shifter
- Nexus 8-speed internal hub Rear Derailleur
- Wellgo alloy body pedals with alloy cage
- Bontrager Satellite Plus saddle with gel padding
- Bontrager Capital Urban Handlebars
- Tektro V-brakes w/Tektro alloy levers