The Trek Madone 3.1 is a high-end road bicycle designed to balance performance and price point. Its 3 Series TCT Carbon frame ensures lightweight durability while its Shimano 105 drivetrain ensures stable and consistent performance. Additionally, the Madone 3.1 sports integrated fender and rack mounts.
The Madone 3.1's 3 Series TCT (Trek Carbon Technology) Carbon frame was specifically designed to offer similar performance to Trek's higher-end OCLV carbon frames but with cheaper production coasts. As such the Madone 3.1's TCT Carbon frame offers stiffness and durability comparable to OCLV carbon but with a slightly heavier (200gsm) manufacturing process. Meanwhile, the Madone 3.1's Shimano 105 drivetrain features a lightweight aluminum 10-speed cassette which ensures crisp gear changing and Shimano 105 front and rear derailleurs for smooth gear changing performance even under heavy strain.
- Sizes: 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 60, 62cm
- Frame: 3 Series TCT Carbon
- Fork: Bontrager Race, carbon legs, SpeedTrap compatible
- Shifters: Shimano 105 STI, 10 speed
- Front/rear derailleurs: Shimano 105
- Cassette: Shimano 105 11-28, 10 speed
- Saddle: Bontrager Affinity 1, steel rails
- Brakeset: Tektro R540 brakes w/Shimano 105 STI levers
- Headset: 1-1/8" integrated, semi-cartridge bearings