The Trek Ion Super is a high-end road/commuter bicycle similar to the Trek Ion Pro. Sporting more mid-level components (Shimano Tiagra shifters, Promax brakes as opposed to the Ion Pro's Simano 105 shifters and Tektro brakes), the Ion Super is aimed at a somewhat less serious rider than the Ion Pro. However, the Ion Super still sports the same high-end designs as the Ion Pro, namely an aluminum/carbon frame, press fit BB bearings and Genesis Road Geometry.
The Ion Super's frame is composed of 6061 T6 aluminum for the main frame and carbon for the seatstays and chainstays, combining the stiffness of aluminum and superior strength of carbon for a more performance-oriented road bicycle. Its press fit BB bearings provide the Ion Super with greater rear-end stiffness and power transfer by allowing for bigger tube junctions and a wider bracing angle. Additionally, the Ion Super's Genesis Road Geometry ensures that each size of the Super sports an optimal fit by sizing key components to match each overall frame size rather than just sizing for the standard 56cm.
- Sizes: 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61cm
- Frame: 6061 T6 aluminum main frame, carbon seatstays & chainstays, E2 integrated head tube, BB86 integrated bottom bracket
- Fork: Bontrager carbon FCC, carbon E2 1-1/8" - 1.5" steerer, wide stance carbon legs, accepts 25mm hub endcaps, integrated SpeedTrap computer mount
- Wheels: Bontrager SSR
- Tires: Bontrager R2, 700x23c
- Genesis Road Geometry provides a better fit for all sizes
- Press fit BB bearings provide improved power transfer and a stiffer rear end
- Trek Ion Super WSD - the same basic features as the Ion Super but designed specifically for women (sizes 45, 47, 50, 52, 54cm)
Add New Logo