The Trek Ion Pro is a high-end road/commuter/race bicycle aimed at serious road cyclists. Its frame is a combination of aluminum and carbon (aluminum main and carbon seatstays/chainstays) for excellent stiffness and responsiveness while its press fit BB bearings allow for improved power transfer from each pedal stroke. Additionally, the Ion Pro's Genesis Road Geometry ensures a more consistent fit across all sizes.
The Ion Pro's 6061 T6 aluminum/carbon frame combines the stiffness and reliability of aluminum alloy with the strength of carbon which has a more fibrous grain than aluminum, allowing for multi-directional grain shaping and resulting in superior strength at key stress points. Its press fit BB bearings provide the Ion Pro with a stiffer rear end as they allow for bigger incoming tube junctions, a wider chainstay and bracing angle while also providing a more efficient overall structure. Meanwhile, the Ion Pro's Genesis Road Geometry ensures a better fit at all sizes, not just 56cm, by increasing the size of the fork rake and trail, stack and reach.
- Sizes: 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61cm
- Frame: 6061 T6 aluminum main frame, carbon seatstays & chainstays, E2 integrated head tube, BB86 integrated bottom bracket
- Fork: Bontrager carbon FCC, carbon E2 1-1/8" - 1.5" steerer, wide stance carbon legs, accepts 25mm hub endcaps, integrated SpeedTrap computer mount
- Wheels: Bontrager Race FCC, wider and taller flanges, 25mm endcaps, outboard J-bend spokes
- Tires: Bontrager R2, 700x23c
- Genesis Road Geometry provides a better fit for all sizes
- Press fit BB bearings provide improved power transfer and a stiffer rear end
- Trek Ion Pro WSD - the same basic features as the Ion Pro but designed specifically for women (sizes 45, 47, 50, 52, 54cm)
Add New Logo