The Trek Cronus Ultimate is a top-of-the-line road/commuter bicycle similar to the Trek Cronus Pro. The Cronus Ultimate sports all of the same major identifying features as the rest of the Cronus bikes (a full carbon frameset, hidden front and rear fender mounts and a Fischer Control Column front-end). However, it also boasts the highest-quality components of any Cronus bike in Trek's Gary Fisher Collection, most notably SRAM Red/Force drivetrain components and an SRAM Force brakeset.
The Cronus Ultimate's drivetrain is composed of an SRAM Force crank and front derailleur and SRAM Red shifters and rear derailleur as well as an SRAM Force brakeset; its SRAM Force/Red drivetrain components utilize unidirectional carbon for maximum strength and minimum weight while its SRAM Force brakeset uses a wider, skeletonized dual pivot design for improved stopping power. Its full carbon frameset provides the Cronus Ultimate with improved strength and durability thanks to carbon's more malleable grain which allows for multi-directional construction, allowing for greater support at key stress points. Additionally, the Cronus Ultimate's Fischer Control Column front-end provides a wider stance, resulting in reduced front-end deflection during turns and climbs.
- Sizes: 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61cm
- Frame: Monocoque carbon frame, E2 integrated headset, BB90 integrated bottom bracket, hidden fender mounts
- Fork: Bontrager carbon FCC, carbon E2 1-1/8" - 1.5" steerer, wide stance carbon legs, accepts 25mm hub endcaps, integrated SpeedTrap computer mount
- Wheels: Bontrager Race X Lite FCC, wider and taller flanges, 25mm endcaps, outboard J-bend spokes
- Tires: Bontrager R4, 700x23c
- Shifters: SRAM Red, 10 speed
- Brakeset: SRAM Force