The Trek Cronus is a high-end road/commuter bicycle designed to balance performance and price point. Its carbon frame offers lightweight durability and added strength at known stress points while its front fork features a Fischer Control Column design for more reduced front-end deflection. Additionally, the Cronus features hidden fender mounts for both wheels, allowing for easy installation of fenders.
The Cronus' carbon frame composition comes with different qualities from typical metal alloy frames as carbon's more fibrous nature allows its grain to be aligned in such a manner as to provide extra support at joints and other known stress points, resulting in a strong, durable and light frame. Its Bontrager carbon front fork sports a Fischer Control Column design, for a wider front fork stance which reduces front-end deflection during cornering and climbing. Additionally, the Cronus' hidden fender mounts provide the option for fenders which can be easily installed or removed for those who prefer not to have them on during dry weather.
- Sizes: 50, 52, 54, 56, 58, 61cm
- Frame: Monocoque carbon frame, E2 integrated headset, BB90 integrated bottom bracket, hidden fender mounts
- Fork: Bontrager carbon FCC, carbon E2 1-1/8" - 1.5" steerer, wide stance carbon legs, accepts 25mm hub endcaps, integrated SpeedTrap computer mount
- Wheels: Bontrager Race FCC, wider and taller flanges, 25mm endcaps, outboard J-bend spokes
- Tires: Bontrager R2, 700x23c
- Shifters: Shimano 105, 10 speed
- Brakeset: Tektro R540 brakes, cartridge pads
- Trek Cronus WSD - the Trek Cronus designed specifically for women (sizes 45, 47, 50, 52, 54cm)