The Pilot series from Trek bicycles debuted in 2005 and offers a compact frame geometry. The Pilot 5.0 is the lowest end model in the Pilot line to offer a full OCLV carbon frame (optimum compaction, low void), 120g of carbon fiber per square meter in this case. A WSD version is also offered.
Changes from the 2006 model: Shimano 105 crankset and front derailleur; narrower 23mm tires; lower rise 7 degree stem.
While this listing is more detailed than what is readily available from Trek, some components may have varied within the model year and your bike may be differently equipped. The data here should represent the baseline build. Specific component sizing (e.g. fork offset, crank length, handlebar width, stem length) varies with frame size and is not listed.
- Frame - OCLV 120 Carbon
- Fork - Bontrager Satellite Plus, carbon legs, aluminum crown and dropouts, for 57mm brake calipers (Plus version)
- Color - Pearl White/Chi Red
- Wheelset - Bontrager Race, 1820g
- Tires - Bontrager Race X Lite AC, 700x23cm, 240g
- Shifters - Shimano 105 STI
- Front derailleur - Shimano 105
- Rear derailleur - Shimano Ultegra
- Crankset - Shimano 105 50/39/30
- Cassette - Shimano 105 12-25, 10 speed
- Chain - Shimano 105
- Saddle - Bontrager Race
- Seatpost - Bontrager Race X Lite carbon, 27.2mm dia., 330mm, 220g
- Handlebars - Bontrager Race OS, VR, 265g
- Stem - Bontrager Race OS, 7 degree, 175g
- Headset - VP Components VP-A77CK Slimstak, threadless, semi-cartridge bearings, sealed, alloy
- Brakes - Cane Creek SCR-3L, 47-57mm reach, 344g
- Extras - Bontrager under bar padding
- Extras - Bontrager BzzzKill harmonic dampers by Matthews
Add New Resource