The Trek Skye SL Disc is a mid-range women's mountain bike and is the top of Trek's Skye line of women's mountain bikes. Very similar to the Skye SL, the Skye SL Disc has only very minor differences from the Skye SL: a HB-M65 front hub, FH-M65 rear hub and Bontrager Ranger rims vs the SL's Alloy FM31 front hub, FH-RM30 rear hub and Bontrager Camino rims and a Shimano 416, mechanical disc brakeset vs the SL's Tektro V brakeset. Otherwise the Skye SL Disc and Skye SL share the same features such as a 100mm RST Gila TnL front suspension, Wellgo alloy platform pedals and a WSD Alpha Black/White Aluminum frame.
Its WSD Black/White aluminum frame provides the Skye SL Disc with a strong, durable backbone without being so heavy as to sacrifice speed, while its 100mm RST Gila TnL front suspension unit will absorb most bumps and dips for a more comfortable ride. Additionally, its Wellgo alloy platform pedals are stronger and more durable than the nylon pedals found in cheaper makes without adding any unnecessary weight.
- Sizes - 14, 16 and 18"
- Frame: WSD Alpha Black Aluminum frame with a semi-integrated head tube, formed down tube with an integrated gusset, formed top tube, monostay seatstay, forged dropouts with a rack and fender mounts and a replaceable derailleur hanger
- Brakes: cantilever or disc
- 7 or 8 speed shifters
- Front suspension: 100mm RST Gila TnL
- Tires: 26x2.0" Bontrager LT-3
- Rims: Bontrager Ranger
- Pedals: Wellgo alloy platform