The Trek HiFi Plus is a high-end full-suspension 29er mountain bike similar to the Trek HiFi Deluxe. Featuring somewhat lower grade components than the HiFi Deluxe (Bontrager Evoke 1 saddle vs a Bontrager Evoke 2, Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic disc brakes vs Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brakes). Otherwise, the HiFi Plus sports the same major features as the HiFi Deluxe, including: 29-inch wheels, hydroformed tubing and a 6011 butted aluminum frame.
The HiFi Plus' 29-inch wheels provide a number of advantages over the standard 26 inches, namely: an easier time rolling over obstacles big and small, greater stability and, due to longer wheel contact, improved cornering and superior momentum. Its hydroformed tubing makes the HiFi Plus more durable as liquid formed tubes are more aligned at the grain level while also allowing for flaring at weld points, increasing durability with no weight increase. Additionally, the HiFi Plus' frame is constructed of 6011 aluminum which is stronger than typical aluminum while adding little extra weight.
- Sizes: 15.5, 17.5, 19, 21, 23"
- Frame: 6011 hydroformed butted aluminum mainframe & stays, G2 29" geometry, top swing magnesium link, E2, ABP, 110mm travel
- Front suspension: RockShox Reba RL 29 w/Motion Control lockout, custom G2 Geometry, 51mm offset crown, 100mm travel
- Rear suspension: Fox Float RP2, 2-position ProPedal, external rebound; 7.25x1.75"
- Tires: Bontrager 29-2, 29x2.1"
- Brakeset: Avid Juicy 3 hydraulic disc brakes, 6-bolt; G2 185mm front, 160mm rear rotors
- Saddle: Bontrager Evoke 1