The Trek Cruiser Classic is a basic bicycle built for short distances over even terrain. This is a single-gear bicycle, multiple gears not being introduced until the Cruiser Classic Steel 3. Unlike other models in the Cruiser series, the frame is made of Alpha White Aluminum for strength and light weight. The crank also differs in that it's a 3 piece alloy unit with a sealed bottom bracket. Similar to the Cruiser Classic Steel Deluxe, this has steel fenders to keep water from spraying up at the rider when going through puddles.
Features common in most Trek Cruiser bikes are reflected here: Bontrager Cruiser tires for comfort, a frame design that supports sitting upright rather than leaning forward, Nylon platform pedals, and a Cruiser saddle with chrome rails. These bicycles use coaster brakes, meaning one pedals backward slightly to slow and firmly back to stop. Aluminum kickstand and chain guard included.
- Sizes: Men's 19, 21"
- Frame: Alpha White Aluminum
- Fork: Cruiser Steel
- Wheels: Alloy front hub, coaster rear hub; alloy 36-hole rims
- Tires: Bontrager Cruiser
- Crank: Alloy 3 piece, 38T w/sealed bottom bracket
- Cassette: 18T cog
- Pedals: Nylon platform
- Saddle: Cruiser saddle w/chrome rails
- Seat Post: Steel
- Handlebars: Cruiser steel
- Stem: Alloy three bolt
- Headset: Threaded w/semi-cartridge bearings, sealed
- Brakeset: Coaster
- Components: Single speed; alloy crank; fenders, kickstand
- Aluminum kickstand; steel fenders; chainguard, included
- Men's - 19, 21 in frame, black - MSRP $349.99
- Women's - 17 in frame, pink and white - MSRP $349.99