The TP-Link TL-WN821N is a mid-range to high-end wireless-n USB adapter similar to the TP-Link TL-WN727N. The main advantages that the TL-WN821N offers over the TL-WN727N are its 300Mbps wireless connection speeds (twice that of the TL-WN727N), internal Intelligent Antennas and CCA technology which automatically avoids channel conflicts. Otherwise, the two adapters sport similar features, namely QSS functionality.
The TL-WN821N's 300Mbps wireless connection speeds ensures extremely fast local internet speeds, eliminating LAN speed bottlenecking even with 1 Gigabit internet connections. Its internal Intelligent Antennas ensure that the TL-WN821N offers optimal signal strength even through multiple floors and in less-than-ideal settings. Additionally, the TL-WN821N's CCA technology automatically avoids signal conflicts, greatly lowering the chances of connection errors.
- Provides two methods of operation: Infrastructure and Ad-Hoc
- Adopts MIMO technology for wireless rates of up to 300Mbps
- Adopts CCA technology which automatically avoids channel conflicts using its channel selection feature
- Quick Secure Setup, complies with WPS for worry free wireless security
- Supports 64/128-bit WEP, complies with 128 bit WPA standard(TKIP/AES), supports MIC, IV Expansion, Shared Key Authentication, IEEE 802.1X
- Simple configuration and monitoring
- Supports Roaming technology, guaranteeing efficient wireless connections.
- Supports Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7