The TP-Link TL-WN722N is a low-end to mid-range wireless-n USB adapter similar to the TP-Link TL-WN721N. The TL-WN722N's main improvement over the TL-WN721N is its 4dBi detachable antenna which provides a healthy signal boost. Otherwise, the two wireless USB adapters sport the same features, namely wireless speed up to 150Mbps, backward compatibility with b- and -g protocol routers and QSS functionality.
The TL-WN722N's 4dBi detachable antenna allows it to retain higher signal strength at greater distances than the TL-WN721N, offering moderate to high signal strength even through two floors. Its 150Mbps wireless speed offers far greater LAN connection than older g-protocol WLAN cards while still offering optimal speeds (54Mbps) when used with g routers. Additionally, the TL-WN722N sports QSS functionality which establishes a secure WPA2 connection at the press of a button for reduced setup time.
- 150Mbps wireless transmission rate
- Provides two methods of operation: Infrastructure and Ad-Hoc
- Quick Secure Setup, complies with WPS for worry free wireless security
- Supports 64/128-bit WEP, complies with 128 bit WPA standard(TKIP/AES), supports MIC, IV Expansion, Shared Key Authentication, IEEE 802.1X
- 4dBi omni-directional antenna detachable
- Supports Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
Compatible with 802.11b/g/n devices