TP-LINK's TL-WA850RE is designed to conveniently extend the coverage and improve the signal strength of an existing wireless network to eliminate “dead zones”. With 300Mbps wireless N speeds, Range Extender button, miniature size and wall mounting design, extending a wireless network has never been easier. What's more, its Ethernet port allows the TL-WA850RE to act as a wireless adapter to turn a wired device into a wireless one.
- Range Extender mode boosts wireless signal to previously unreachable or hard-to-wire areas flawlessly
- Small size and wall-mounted design make it easy to deploy and move flexibly
- WPS button allows users to set up instantly
- Smart Signal Indicator helps to find the right location to place the range extender
TL-WA850RE can vastly expand the coverage of the existing wireless network. With 300Mbps wireless 802.11n speeds, it is ideal for smooth HD video, music streaming, and online gaming.
To set up the device, users can simply push the WPS button on their router and within two minutes push the RE button on the TL-WA850RE or vice versa. If your router does not have a WPS button, you can access the quick setup mode through the web browser-based user interface. Login credentials are retained internally after setup, allowing you to relocate as needed to generate ideal coverage.
After the range extender is set up, users can connect wired devices such as Blu-ray players, gaming consoles, DVRs, and Internet TVs to the extender via the ethernet port. As a result, those devices are added to the whole wireless network and can access the internet.
Five signal lights represent the current signal strength that TL-WA850RE receives from the existing router. They can help to find the right location to place the range extender and to achieve the best possible coverage and performance.
- Works seamlessly with other 802.11 b/g/n wireless devices
- Miniature size and wall-mounted design make it easy to deploy and move flexibly
- Supports domain name-based login for advanced management
- Advanced 64/128/152-bit WEP, WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK encryptions protect your network from security threats
- Universal WiFi Range Extender TL-WA850RE
- RJ-45 Ethernet Cable
- Quick Installation Guide
- User Manual Resource CD
Frequently Asked Questions
Can use more than 1 of these together to broaden wireless range?
Yes. Since the device is connecting to your router that is connected to your internet, you can have as many as you would like. For example: If your router is in a back office and you have some pretty good dead sports in your living room and in your bedroom you could purchase 2 and set one up in the living room and one up in the bedroom. Check their web site for more details.
110v to 240v 50 or 60 cycles.
Have to go through the connection process again after moved it to its final location?
No, as long as you don't change the network name and password of your router, you can relocate it without setting it up again.
Add New FAQ
- Ethernet Port 1 10/100Mbps port
- MIMO 2T2R
- Antenna Type 2 Internal Antennas
- Wireless Speed 300Mbps