The Toshiba BDX4200 is a mid-range Blu-ray player similar to the Toshiba BDX2200. The primary difference between the BDX4200 and BDX2200 is that the BDX4200 can handle 3D media. Otherwise, the two sport very similar features, including WiFi capability (with a sold-separately adapter) with streaming video access, 1080p video upconversion, and DTS HD and Dolby HD sound enhancement.
The BDX4200's WiFi capability (or Ethernet connectivity) allows it to access a variety of popular video streaming sites (CinemaNow, YouTube, Vudu, Netflix, Pandora) directly, requiring only internet connectivity. Its 1080p video upconversion allows the BDX4200 to playback standard definition DVD media at 1920 x 1080 for superior quality. Meanwhile, the BDX4200's DTS HD and Dolby HD sound technologies allows it to produce high-quality, lossless 7.1-channel audio.
- 1080p upconversion for standard-definition DVDs
- WiFi capable with a sold-separately adapter
- Access to Netflix, BLOCKBUSTER On Demand, Vudu and Pandora streaming
- DTS HD sound technology
- 1x SD card slot, 1x USB
- Playable disc types: CD, DVD-Video, DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-DA, CD-RW, DVD-R, BD-R, BD-ROM, BD-RE
- Ethernet connectivity for wired connections