The Toshiba 40FT2U is an entry-level 40" 1080p LCD HDTV similar to the 32" Toshiba 32FT2U. Aside from just screen size, the 40FT2U sports a few improvements over the 32FT2U, namely: Dynamic Noise Reduction and InstaPort HDMI technology. Otherwise, the two models share similar specs, including Dynalight backlight technology and a USB port for viewing image files.
The 40FT2U's Dynamic Noise Reduction technology is able to intelligently identify sections of the picture with image noise, affecting only those areas for a cleaner picture. Its InstaPort HDMI technology allows the 40FT2U to identify HDMI sources faster for nearly instantaneous HDMI component switching. Meanwhile, the 40FT2U's Dynalight backlight technology dynamically adjust backlight brightness as needed for deeper blacks and enhanced overall contrast.
- 40" LCD panel @ 1920 x 1080
- Dynalight backlight adjustment technology
- Dynamic Noise Reduction
- InstaPort HDMI technology
- Gaming and Native picture mode options
- USB port for viewing JPEG files
- Invisible speaker system
- Video inputs: HDMI, PC/VGA and Component
- VESA 200mm x 200mm wall mount compatible