The Toshiba Tecra R850 Series is a high-end series of business laptops similar to the Toshiba Tecra R840 Series. The R850 Series differs from the R840 Series in a few key areas: display size (15.6" displays rather than 14"), cooling (the R850 Series lacks the R840 Series' Airflow Cooling) and keyboard layout as the R850 Series offers a full 10-key numpad while the R840 Series does not. Otherwise, the two series of laptops sport similar features, including AMD graphics options, Sandy Bridge processors, USB 3.0 and a durable design.
The Tecra R850 Series' Sandy Bridge processors offer high levels of performance while draining less battery power than first-generation Intel Core i chips. Each of the Tecra R850 Series' laptops sport a 15.6" LED-backlit display, ensuring greater contrast than typical LCD displays while consuming less battery life. Meanwhile, the Tecra R850 Series sports a fiberglass-reinforced casing for increased rigidity and durability as well as EasyGuard technology for protection against spills and bumps.
- 4 models: the Tecra R850-S8540, R850-S8510, R850-S8520 and the R850-S8530
- Intel Core i Sandy Bridge processors
- USB 3.0
- Full 10-key numpad
- Ultra-Durable construction - fiber-glass reinforced chassis, EasyGuard technology
- Extremely portable and lightweight (most systems weigh about 5 lbs.)
- AMD graphics options
- 15.6" LED-backlit displays