The Toshiba Portege R830 Series is a refresh of Toshiba's previous portable business laptop line, the Portege R700 Series. It features seven models: the Portege R830-S8310, R835-P55X, R835-ST3N01, R830-S8320, R835-P50X, R830-S8330 and R835-P56X. Each of these models share similar features, including Intel Core i Sandy Bridge processors and USB 3.0 (both of which are notable improvements over the R700 models) as well as 13.3" LED-backlit displays, a unique Airflow Cooling system and an "Ultra-Durable" construction.
The Portege R830 Series' Intel Core i Sandy Bridge chips provide greater performance than first-gen Core i chips while consuming less battery power, due to their 32nm architecture, resulting in increased battery life over the R700 models from 8 hours on average to 11. Its unique Airflow Cooling system allows the Portege R830 Series to perform much cooler than similar laptops, resulting in more stable overall system performance. Meanwhile, the Portege R830 Series' Ultra-Durable construction features a shock-absorbing design and magnesium casing with a resilient honeycomb rib structure for a relatively damage-resistant laptop.
- 7 models: the Portege R830-S8310, R835-P55X, R835-ST3N01, R830-S8320, R835-P50X, R830-S8330 and R835-P56X
- Intel Core i Sandy Bridge processors
- USB 3.0
- Unique Airflow Cooling system
- Ultra-Durable construction
- Extremely portable and lightweight (most systems weigh about 3 lbs.)
- EPEAT gold winner
- 13.3" LED-backlit displays