Announced in early September 2008, the Dynabook SS RX2 (the replacement model for the Dynabook SS RX1) is a new semi-rugged ultra mobile laptop from Toshiba, aimed at any type of road warrior that puts battery life, size and weight over sheer performance. An incredible 1.9 pounds, the Dynabook SS RX2 weighs less than even the smallest umpcs and netbooks. This does not mean the Dynabook gives up as much functionality however, including a DVD writer, an eSATA port, 3 USB 2.0 ports and a relatively large 12.1" LED backlit screen. Battery life is also quite impressive when compared to the competition - measuring up to 12.5 hours with the included SSD option. Featuring the latest in ultra low voltage Intel Core 2 Duos, GMA X4500 graphics, and 802.11N/3G connectivity, the Dynabook series remains only available in Japan.
- Processor/RAM: Intel 1.2GHz SU9300 ULV Core 2 Duo processor, up to 3GB
- Display/Graphics: 12.1" LED backlit widescreen, 1280x800, powered by the onboard Intel X4500 chipset
- Storage: 160GB HDD or 128GB SDD
- Expansion/IO: 3x USB, 1x eSATA, DVD super-multi drive
- Network connections: 802.11a/b/g/n, 3G
- Battery: 12.5 hours with SSD