The Toshiba HD-A35 (MSRP $500) is the flagship model of Toshiba's 3rd generation HD DVD players announced on September 8th, 2007. It offers similar features and specifications as the Toshiba HD-A30 ($400) but adds deep color via HDMI, high bit-rate audio output over HDMI, and 5.1 analog audio outputs.
- 1080p/24fps video output
- SD upconversion (480p/720p/1080i/1080p)
- deep color via HDMI
- high bit-rate audio output over HDMI (up to 7.1 channels)
- 5.1 analog audio outputs
- Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD Dolby, DTS and DTS-HD audio
- HDMI-CEC "CE-Link" to control other devices
- HDMI, component, composite, optical audio, analog audio (stereo) outputs
- Ethernet 10/100 mbps port for web enabled DVDs
- Slim chassis, half as thick as predecessors - 2.34" (59.5 mm)
Compare this HD-A35 with Onkyo's entry into the HD DVD player market: the Onkyo DV-HD805 retailing for $900. The HD-A35 is due out in October 2007.