Timex Group B.V. is one of the best-known American watch companies. Timex's U.S. headquarters are located in Middlebury Connecticut and it has substantial operations in China, the Philippines and India and full scale sales companies in Canada, the UK, France and Mexico.
The company began in 1854 as Waterbury Clock in Connecticut's Naugatuck Valley, known during the nineteenth century as the "Switzerland of America." Sister company Waterbury Watch manufactured the first inexpensive mechanical pocket watch in 1880. During World War I, Waterbury began making wristwatches, which had only just become popular, and in 1933 it made history by creating the first Mickey Mouse clock under license from Walt Disney, with Mickey's hands pointing the time.
During World War II, Waterbury renamed itself U.S. Time Company. In 1950 the company introduced a wristwatch called the Timex. Over the next three decades, Timex was sold through a series of advertisements which emphasized its durability by putting the watch through "torture tests," such as falling over the Grand Coulee Dam or being strapped to the propeller of an outboard motor, with the slogan "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking." With the help of former Olympic broadcaster, spokesman John Cameron Swayze, sales took off. The company later became Timex Corporation, then Timex Group and, to date, has sold over one billion watches.
The company has remained very competitive and the Timex brand continues its dominance through present day. Its primary market remains the United States and Canada, although the Timex brand is sold worldwide due to its ability to capitalize on its strong brand image and reputation for quality.
One of the most successful and important features available on many Timex watches is the Indiglo backlight system. Indiglo is a brand name of Indiglo Corporation, solely owned by Timex for licensing purposes. Timex electroluminescent lamps, branded Indiglo, were introduced in 1992 in the Ironman watch line. They were an immediate success. The Indiglo® lamp uniformly lights the surface of the Timex’s watch dials in a manner that makes the dial read very easily in many different light settings. In some newer watches the Indiglo backlight only lights up the numbers, rather than the entire LCD display, which is achieved by means of a specialized film that inverts the LCD transmissivity.
Today, Timex Group products are manufactured in the Far East and in Switzerland often based on technology that continues to be developed in the United States and in Germany. With a large and varied line of watches, Timex has the style for everyone. From the locker room to the board room, there is a great Timex style time-piece for you.
- Indiglo® Night-Light
- Fly-back Chronograph (4-hour auto shut-off)
- Accurate Digitial Compass with Analog Display, Adjustable Declination Angle for Accuracy
- 2nd Time Zone
- Water-resistant to 330 feet (100 M)
The Basic Coverage:
This TIMEX Watch (but not any battery, crystal, band, or strap) is warranted to the owner for a period of ONE YEAR from the date of purchase against defects in manufacture by Timex Corporation - not by the dealer from whom the watch was purchased.
What Timex Will Do:
If this watch develops such a defect within the one year period, it will be repaired (i.e. a new or thoroughly reconditioned and inspected module will be installed or replaced and a watch of equal value and similar appearance will be supplied) at our option, provided it is returned with a $7.00 check or money order to cover costs of postage, handling, and service, and you provide proof of purchase and date of purchase.
This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover:
- Timex will not repair defects relating to servicing not performed by Timex Corporation.
- Timex will not provide any warranty service if your watch shows evidence that it has been tampered with, misused, abused, or altered; for example: moisture damage sufficient to affect the proper function of the watch; damage to the case; or visible cracking of the crystal.
- Timex reserves the right to charge you for a replacement battery, if the battery in your watch is depleted. No additional charge will be made unless the one year warranty has expired or servicing is necessary for reasons beyond our control, in which case a moderate charge will be made.
- TIMEX IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, special, or consequential, damages, so the above exclusion or limitation may not apply to you.
- Avoid exposing your watch to water, steam, or other forms of moisture, if it is non-water-resistant.
- If the lens becomes damaged, have it replaced at once to avoid damage to the module.
- When your battery is depleted, have it replaced promptly. The particular type of battery is indicated on your caseback.
- Water Resistance 330 feet (100 M)
- Special features Compass
- Calendar Date
- Bezel function Bidirectional
- Bezel material Stainless steel
- Dial color White
- Band Color Brown
- Band width 20 millimeters
- Band length Men's Standard
- Band Material Calfskin
- Case Thickness 12 millimeters
- Case diameter 44 millimeters
- Case material Stainless steel
- Clasp Buckle
- Display Type Analog
- Item Shape Round
Add New Resource