The Stihl MS 200 is a mid-cost chainsaw, a rear handle version of the MS 200 T. In promotion, Stihl emphasizes the lightweight design of this chainsaw (7.7 pounds). The IntelliCarb compensating carburetor measures air on the clean side of the air filter and adjusts its metering diaphragm accordingly, a procedure that keeps RPM levels even when the filter begins to clog. The ElastoStart starter handle of the MS 200 has a built-in shock absorber, which makes for a smooth start. The side-access chain tensioner is adjusted via the sprocket cover, so that your hand never has to come close to the chain. The fuel and oil caps of the MS 200 require no tools to be opened, and have retainers that keep them from getting lost. This chainsaw differs from the similarly priced MS 211 in that it is more lightweight (7.7 pounds as opposed to 9.5 pounds), has the ElastoStart starter handle, side-access chain tensioner, and adjustable automatic bar and chain oiler. However, the MS 211 has more power (2.3 HP as opposed to 2.1 HP), low-emission technology and pre-seperation air filtration technology. The Stihl MS 200 has a 12.5 ounce fuel capacity.
- IntelliCarb compensating carburetor
- Toolless fuel and oil caps w/ retainers
- Carburetor preheat shutter for summer/winter operation
- ElastoStart starter handle
- Side-access chain tensioner
- Adjustable automatic bar and chain oiler
- 2.15 cu. in. displacement
- 2.1 HP
- Weight: 7.7lbs.
- 12.5oz. fuel capacity
- 8.1oz. chain oil capacity
- 3/8" PMC3 Oil-O-Matic chain
- Recommended range of guide bar lengths: 12"-16"