Nier is a multi-platform game developed by Square-Enix, which follows the character Nier as he seeks to find a cure for a virus infecting his daughter. This game is a hack-and-slash action game with RPG elements and takes place in a post apocalyptic fantasy setting.
Nier uses his sword to deliver combo attacks on his enemies, and uses a sentient magical book called Grimoire to attack enemies with magic and projectiles. Players can unlock new abilities, weapons, and power for Nier as they progress through the game. Nier has gameplay moments and plot developments that are unusual and surprising and is supported by rich and layered soundtrack.
Critics have stated that though Nier is intriguing and has an impressive soundtrack, it is too long and too repetitious, and the graphical quality is below average. Nier is available for PS3 and Xbox 360.
- rich, twisting storyline
- diverse and action packed gameplay
- multiple weapons and magic spells to master
- memorable and unique characters
- upgrade your character with new weapons and abilities as the game progresses
- use weapons for melee combat and magic to attack from a distance
- cinematic event scenes expand and enrich the story
- available for PS3 and XBox 360