Kane & Lynch 2 is a third person action shooter by Io and Eidos Interactive, presented in a surveillance-camera visual style where players take control of Lynch, a self medicated psychopath who is partnered up with a calculating ex-mercenary. Players must navigate the two anti-heroes through the Shanghai underworld after a deal goes wrong and the duo are forced to flee for their lives.
This game is presented in a gritty style somewhat unique to the world of video games, and inspired by the user-generated era with documentary filmmaking, realism, and intensity in mind. The combat allows players to take cover and shoot at enemies with a variety of modern weapons whilst being supported by a human or computer controlled partner. In addition to the story mode, players can play a variety of online co-op and competitive modes with various objectives. This game has strong language and brutal violence.
This game is a sequel to the successful Kane & Lynch: Dead Men and is available for Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.
- button-activated cover system
- use enemies as human shields
- highly detailed graphics and visual design
- story and gameplay designed for both physical and psychological tension
- 2 player co-op as well as single player campaign
- play in competition or co-operatively online with up to 12 players
- various game modes including Arcade, Undercover Cop, Cops & Robbers, Fragile Alliance
- emphasis on intensity, realism, and relentless action
- free demo made available on Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Steam as of July 27 2010