Front Mission Evolved by Square Enix is the latest in the Front Mission sci-fi games franchise where players pilot and control giant humanoid mechs in combat. It is a third person action shooter with emphasis on upgrades and customization of your robotic war machines, called wanzers.
Players are able to switch between all three base types of wanzers and customize their weaponry, mobility, defensive capabilities, and paint jobs in order to optimize performance for each level or team they play on. Front Mission Evolved also features a time-slowing gameplay mechanic that allows players to selectively slow down time to their advantage in combat. This game eschews the traditional strategy elements of the Front Mission franchise for a more action oriented experience. Certain sections of the game also require the pilot of the wanzers to leave their mechs and engage in combat on foot.
Front Mission Evolved is available for XBox 360, PS3, PC, and has a single player story mode and online team multiplayer.
- play in single player mode, solo online against other players, or in 4 on 4 online matchups
- optimize your wanzer's mobility for each type of terrain you encounter
- equip and customize four weapons per wanzer, such as shoulder mounted rockets and hand held machine guns
- choose from hundreds of weapon and part combinations to build a wanzer suited to your play style
- rich and immersive storyline
- use the "E.D.G.E. System" to slow down time and gain combat advantage over enemies
- exit your mech and use your pilot to explore the environments on foot
- experience combat in various urban and rural battlefields
- available for Xbox 360, PS3, or PC
- available in stereoscopic 3D for Windows PC