Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a role-playing video game from Square Enix developed in conjunction with Eidos Montreal. Functioning as a prequel to the Deus Ex: The Conspiracy and Deus Ex: Invisible War titles, this game revolves around mechanical character augmentations within the categories of "Combat", "Stealth", "Technology" and "Social" interaction. Multiple AI technologies have been employed in effort to maximize the "real life" elements of the game, including individualized enemy reactions based on weapon and behaviour type alongside squad leader allegiance. Each firearm features its own ammunition type with specific performance upgrades offered for each gun, while a regenerative health model helping to minimize extensive rations scrounging. Human Revolution's primary view is a first-person layout, but occasionally changes to third-person for providing environmental context during stealth modes, specific augmentations and specialized kills. A limited edition "Augmented Version" is also available that includes a 40-page art book, graphic novel and bonus DVD.
- Available for Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC (Windows 7/Vista/XP) consoles
- Functions as a prequel to the first and second Deus Ex titles
- Four primary game elements: "Combat", "Stealth", "Technology" and "Social"
- First-person control with occasional third-person views
- Upgradeable weapons and ammunition
- Cyberpunk/Renaissance design style
- Regenerative health system
- Special Edition "Augmented Version" also available