The Sony VAIO VPCZ1290X is a high-end, ultra-portable 13.1" notebook computer intended for business use and available in black or one of three metallic colors. The model is among Sony's configurable laptops, offering several component choices. It is available with either a 2.53GHz Intel Core i5 or 2.66GHz Intel Core i7 dual-core processor; both are Turbo Boost-enabled, meaning they can be overclocked to over 3GHz. Memory options range from 4GB to 8GB of DDR3 RAM. For more secure data storage and faster access, the VPCZ1290X is available solely with solid-state drives, ranging from 128GB to 512GB in capacity and supporting RAID 0. Other options include a Blu-ray player/burner and 1080p display. Bluetooth, wireless-N, and gigabit ethernet connectivity are expected to be standard.
- 13.1" LED-backlit LCD
- 1600x900 or 1920x1080 resolution
- Intel Core i5-540M (2.53GHz, Turbo Boost to 3.06GHz) or Intel Core i7-620M (2.66GHz/3.33GHz)
- 4/6/8GB DDR3 RAM
- 128/256/512GB SSD storage
- Optional Blu-ray player/burner
- RAID 0
- Gigabit ethernet
- Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate (64-bit)
- "Metal Shield"