The PlayStation® Gold Wireless Headset delivers amazing depth and audio clarity, elevating your gaming experience with customizable game modes created by developers exclusively for PlayStation®. High fidelity 7.1 virtual surround sound breathes new life into the urban jungles and alien worlds you explore, while the hidden noise cancelling microphone makes it easy to connect with your friends and teammates. When you’re on the move, use your headset with your favorite mobile device via the included 3.5mm audio cable or fold it up into the included travel pouch until the next round. This is how games were made to sound.
- 7.1 virtual surround sound and chat with friends through the hidden noise cancelling microphone.
- Developed by PlayStation: With the Headset Companion App, download custom game modes created exclusively for PlayStation by developers that are specifically tuned to enhance the audio in your favorite games.
- Adaptable Audio: Connect wirelessly to yourPS4, PS3, and home computer, or connect to your PS Vita system or other mobile device with the included 3.5mm audio cable and take your sound with you.
- Wireless stereo headset
- Wireless adapter
- Audio cable 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Micro-B USB charging cable 30.5 cm (1 ft)
- Travel pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety and Support Guide
To charge the headset connect it to a USB port via the included USB cable. While the battery is charging, the status indicator lights up red. The status indicator light turns off when the battery is fully charged.
The headset may need up to 3.0 hours to charge fully.
- Insert the wireless adapter in the USB connector.
- Slide the power switch on the headset to position 1 or 2. 1 sets the headset to standard mode and 2 sets it to bass boost mode.
- Choose the user to whom you'd like to assign the headset. A headset icon will show which users currently are assigned a headset by the PS4 system.
- Once you insert the wireless adapter into PS4 and select a user, hold down the PS button on the DualShock 4 until the menu appears. Then select [Adjust Devices], [Output to Headphones], [All Audio}. Game audio and voice chat will be sent to the headset.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many Gold Headsets can I use with my PlayStation system?
On the PS4 system, you can use up to two Gold Headsets at a time. On the PS3 system, you can use one PlayStation headset at a time.
Can I use the headset for PS4 voice commands and Party Chat?
What is the difference between setting “1” and “2” on the headset?
Both “1” and “2” turn on the headset. Setting “1” delivers audio in standard audio mode. Setting “2” offers a bass boost audio mode out of the box, but can be replaced with custom audio modes downloaded from the Headset Companion App.
Where do I find the Headset Companion App?
It can be found in the Apps section of the PlayStation Store.
Add New FAQ
- Media Accessory