Introduced in August 2008, the E-Series is a new series of Walkman media players from Sony. With capacities of 4 and 8GB the E-Series includes the same standard features found on the more expensive S-Series, such as video support and an FM radio. It shares the same capacities, look and screen, but leaves out the new "high end" features such as a noise canceling circuit that can transform any headphones used into noise canceling ones and an intelligent shuffle feature that creates playlists based on your personal listening behavior. The two units are priced at 100 and 140 dollars, and similar to their S-Series brethren share the same battery life at an impressive 40 hours of audio playback. Comes in blue, pink, red, or black.
- Capacity: 4 or 8GB
- Screen: 2" QVGA (320x240)
- Supported audio formats: MP3, WMA, AAC-LC (unsecured only), Linear PCM3
- Supported video formats: AVC (H.264/AVC), MPEG-4, and WMV
- Battery life: 40 hours audio / 10 hours video
- Dimensions: W 1 3/4 x H 3 5/8 x D 5/16" (42.9 x H89.5 x D7.5mm)
- Weight: 1.6 oz (46g)