The Sony SS-B3000 consists of a pair of standalone, performance bookshelf speakers designed to work alongside a surround-sound system. Each speaker includes three primary components: an 8” Kevlar woofer, a 3-1/4” mid driver, and a 1” Nano-Fine balanced dome tweeter. And not only do the pair allow for an extra-wide frequency range, but in fact output up to 120W of power—ideal for home theater use. The only notable drawback to the SS-B3000 is its cumbersome size (compares to its peers), what with each speaker weighing almost 15 lbs and being up to 20” tall.
The Sony SS-B3000 is a step up from the SS-B1000 in that adds along a mid driver for an enhanced frequency response.
- Standalone, Performance Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)
- 8” Kevlar H.O.P. Woofer
- 3-1/4” Enhanced H.O.P. Mid Driver
- 1” Nano Fine Balanced Dome
- High Frequency Response
- High Power Handling
- Frequency: 50Hz – 50,000Hz
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Power Handling: 120W
- Woofer: 8” Kevlar H.O.P.
- Mid: 3-1/4” Enhanced H.O.P. Cone
- Tweeter: 1” Nano Fine Balanced Dome
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts / 1 Year Labor
- Dimensions (Approx.): 9 7/16 x 20 7/8 x 10 3/8"
- Weight (Approx.): 14 lb