The Sony STR-DE995 is an AV receiver retailing for $400 and released in 2006, but is no longer for sale on the official Sony site. It has a 7.1 channel x 100 watts. It has a good portfolio of decoders including Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Digital EX, dts®, dts ES®, dts:Neo6®, and Dolby® Pro Logic® II Decoding. It converts s-video from composite video. Interestingly, this piece doesn't have any HDMI inputs, which is very strange considering that entry level 7.1 receivers as cheap as $300 such as the 2009 Sony STR-DH700 have that feature. Probably this explains why this receiver has been pulled out. Further it has no support for DVI inputs (ie from PC), and it does not support on screen menus like how modern ones do.
- 7.1 channels x 100 watts
- Dolby® Digital, Dolby® Digital EX, dts®, dts ES®, dts:Neo6®, and Dolby® Pro Logic® II Decoding
- An LCD Preprogrammed - Learning - Macro Remote Control
- Front S-Video/Composite A/V and Optical Input
- 32-bit DSP with 13 acoustic environments
- Digital Cinema Sound™ System with Cinema Studio EX modes
- 30 Station Presets