The Sony STR-DA5000ES is a high-end audio/video receiver designed to provide a more luxurious option for users interested in a digital and higher standard audio device to compliment their latest high definition equipment. The DA5000ES features first and foremost a 7 channel direct drive digital amplifier (170 watts per channel) which allows the device to output full digital audio options. The 5000ES also features full video upconversion for the component video outputs in order to filter higher quality video.
The Sony STR-DA5000ES also features a unique 3 zone/ 3 room output design, a phono input, an RS232C terminal, 2 component video inputs, 5 optical and 2 coaxial beams, Integrated Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, dts, dts-ES, dts-ES 96/24, dts - Neo6, and Dolby Pro Logic II Decoding, and according to Sony the 5000ES also includes an "elegant" chrome and silver body design, and an enhanced user interface.
The STR-DA5000ES is no longer offered for sale on Sony's official site, however it is available for purchase both new and used from several retailers online.
- High-end audio/video receiver
- "Elegant" chrome and silver body design
- Enhanced user interface with a simplified programming menu
- 7 channel direct drive digital amplifier (170 watts per channel)
- Full video upconversion for component video outputs
- 3 zone/ 3 room output design
- RS232C terminal
- 2 component video inputs
- 5 optical and 2 coaxial beams
- Integrated decoding options
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Digital EX
- DTS-ES 96/24
- DTS - Neo6
- Dolby Pro Logic II
- 6.2H x 17W x 14.5D (Inches)
- Weight: 28.6 pounds