The Handycam HDR-HC9 is the upgrade to Sony's 2007 miniDV camcorder, the HC7. With this 2008 offering Sony provides minor improvements over the award winning HC7. The camera retains its barrel-shaped form factor that houses the Carl Zeiss lens with 10x optical zoom. HDV footage with a resolution of 1440x1080 is recorded onto the miniDV tapes, standard definition DV footage can also be captured through the menu settings. The HC9 retains the same touch-screen menu based interface and offers a host of manual controls from white balance and infinity focus, to peaking functionality and colored outlining.
- 10x optical zoom Carl Zeiss lens
- 3.2MP CMOS sensor
- up to 1080i video recording
- miniDV tapes for storage
- 2.7" LCD touch screen monitor, 211K pixels
- Internal lens cover mechanism
- Records video with x.v.Color (need a compatible TV to view)
- Data ports: USB2.0, Firewire
- Video ports: Component, S-Video, HDMI
Body - the HC9 comes in a black color while the HC7 is silver.
Memory stick support - The HC9 supports a memory stick duo capacity of 8GB while the HC7 is limited to 4GB.
USB support - for transferring data the HC9 uses a USB2.0 interface which is significantly faster than the HC7's USB1.1 interface.
Add New Resource