The Sony Handycam HDR-CX100 is a high definition camcorder from Sony's 2009 lineup. The camcorder features full 1080p high definition video recording, 4-megapixel still image capture, and 8 GB of built-in memory to store up to 3 hours of high definition footage. It is designed ultra compact and lightweight, at only 11 ounces, and has a 2.7" touch LCD screen that rotates up to 270 degrees for multiple viewing angles. The HDR-CX100 includes a professional Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar zoom lens for 10x optical and 120x digital zoom. It utilizes advanced recording technology including Sony's SteadyShot image stabilization, Smile Shutter, and face detection technology. The HDR-CX100 also has a built-in zoom microphone for realistic sound and a HDMI output for connection to a digital device. The camcorder is available in silver, black, or red, and comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
- Full 1920x1080 high-definition video recording
- 4-megapixel still image capture
- 2.7" Touch LCD screen
- Screen rotates up to 270 degrees
- Built-in 8GB memory records up to 3 hrs HD footage
- Ultra-compact and lightweight at 11 oz.
- Smile Shutter™ technology
- Face detection technology
- SteadyShot image stabilization
- Professional Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar® zoom lens
- 10x optical zoom/120x digital zoom
- Built-in zoom microphone
- Available in silver, black, or red
- HDMI output
- 1 year limited warranty