The Sony Alpha SLT-A33 is a high-end digital SLR and is one of the first DSLRs (along with the Sony Alpha SLT-A55) to offer Translucent Mirror Technology for high speed shooting. It features a 14.2 megapixel Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor, 15 point auto focus and the ability to shoot in 1080/60i full HD. Additionally, the Alpha SLT-A33 sports a 3" LCD display that can tilt and swivel.
The Alpha SLT-A33's Translucent Mirror Technology allows it to focus with the speed and precision of Phase Detection AF while simultaneously shooting at up to seven frames per second by way of a translucent mirror that reflects light to both the image sensor and Phase Detection AF. Its 14.2 megapixel Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor provides the Alpha SLT-A33 with the capability to capture both high quality images and video, boasting more than 4,000 column-parallel A/D (analogue to digital) converters. Meanwhile, the Alpha SLT-A33's 3" LCD display can tilt up or down to better frame high- and low-angle shots while also swiveling to the front of the camera for self-shots.
- 14.2 megapixel Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor
- Translucent Mirror Technology for fast AF and shooting
- 15 point auto focus
- Captures video in 1080/60i AVCHD format, 1080/30p high definition MP4 and standard definition 480/30p MP4
- 3" LCD display swivels and tilts
- Eye-Level Electronic Viewfinder
- 7 frames per second continuous shooting
- Anti-Dust technology