The description on this report is copy and pasted marketing material. The description should be rewritten to provide the facts from a neutral point of view, as per ProductWiki policy and guidelines.
- Weight (Approx.): 1 lb. 8 oz. (690g) body, not including battery, lens and media
- Dimensions (Approx.): (WHD) 5 5/8" x 4 1/4" x 3 1/4" (141.7 x 104.8 x 79.7 mm) (excl. protrusions)
- Megapixel: 12.24 MP
- Imaging Device: 12.24 (effective) APS Exmor™ Sensor; 23.5 x 15.6 mm; RGB primary color filter
- LCD: 3.0" TFT Xtra Fine™ (921k pixels) LCD
- Viewfinder: Optical: TTL, 0.9x magnification with 50mm lens at infinity; 95% coverage
- Microphone: N/A
- White Balance: Auto plus 6 Modes (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Flash); +/- 3-step adjustable Kelvin temperature control (2500-9900k w/19-step Magenta/Green compensation).
- Self Timer: Yes (10 seconds, 2 seconds, Off)
- Memory Stick PRO™ Media Compatibility: Tested to support up to 16GB media capacity; does not support Access Control security function
- Red-Eye Reduction: On/Off (all modes)
- Burst Mode: Selectable Hi (5FPS) Lo (3FPS); JPEG Standard/Fine: Unlimited to capacity of media; JPEG Extra Fine: 8; cRAW (compressed): 24; cRAW+JPEG: 12; RAW: 17; RAW+JPEG: 11.
- Color Mode(s): Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Adobe RGB, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night view, Autumn, B/W, Sepia (Except for Adobe RGB, all other color modes use the sRGB color space)
- USB Port(s): Yes, Supports USB 2.0 Hi-speed
- Output(s): Video: Yes, NTSC/PAL Selectable
- HD Output: Yes (w/ optional HDMI cable)
- Focus: Auto Focus: TTL Phase Detection, Multi-point: 11 Area, 11 Line, 5 center twin-cross lines, Auto Focus Mode: Yes, Wide focus area (Auto, 11 areas), Spot focus area, Local focus area (11 local areas selectable), Visual Focus Confirm: Direct via VF Matte Screen, Manual Focus: Yes
- Shutter Speed: 30
- ISO: Auto/160/200/400/800/1600/3200/ 4000/5000/6400
- EV Compensation: ±3.0 EV, 0.3 EV / 0.5 EV steps selectable
- Exposure: Manual Exposure: Yes, w/EV indicator, Manual Exposure: Yes; Aperture/Shutter Priority, Manual, Program Shift: Yes, Command Dial
- Lens Type: Interchangeable A-mount
- Flash Effective Range: Manual popup; Approx. GN 12 (in meters at ISO 100); Coverage of up to 16 mm (in focal length); Approx. 3 sec. recycling time; Flash-ready indicator.
- Flash Mode(s): Manual Pop-up: Auto, Fill-flash, Rear flash sync, Wireless off camera flash (with Flash HVL-F56AM, F36AM)
- Battery Type: NP-FM500H Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Battery Capacity: 7.2V, CIPA standard: approx. 650 pictures3
- Limited Warranty: 1 Year Parts & Labor
- Supplied Software: Image Data Converter SR ver.2.0, Image Data Lightbox SR ver.1.0, Remote Camera Control ver.1.0 (all Windows & Macintosh), Picture Motion Browser Ver.2.1.02 (Windows only)
- Operating System Compatibility: Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Professional, XP Home and Professional, Vista; Macintosh® OS X (v 10.1.3 or later). OS must be installed at the factory.
- Histogram Display: Yes; RGB display; Playback only
- AF Illuminator Light: Yes, On/Off Select
- Multi-Pattern Measuring: 40 segment honeycomb pattern; Multi-segment, Center Weighted, Spot
- Clear RAW NR: N/A
- Scene Mode(s): Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports, Sunset, Night view/portrait
- Movie Mode(s): N/A
- BIONZ™ Engine: Yes w/ Dynamic Range Optimizer. DRO Modes include Off, Standard, Advanced Auto, Advanced Manual, Advanced 3-frame bracketing. Advanced Manual include 5 adjustable levels.
Amazon Best Sellers Rank
# 2458 in Camera & Photo